top of page
Search

Healthy Fall Y'all!

As we move into fall we can continue our summer health habits and even create new ones! Sometimes fall brings thoughts of baked goods and halloween candy. If you want to enjoy those IT IS OK to do so. We have all heard the phrase everything in moderation and it is true. If you deprive yourself of whatever you consider a treat, then you will likely just want it more and then binge eat when you do. This is where you follow the 80/20 rule. Do your best, eat your best, exercise your best 80% of the time (or more) and allow yourself grace the other 20%.


Schedule a morning walk to watch the sunrise and enjoy the crisper air that we are now enjoying in the Florida Panhandle. If you have littles, or furry friends, they would probably enjoy the fresh air and increased steps in your daily routine as well. Use technology to your advantage! We all have a smart phone in our pocket or watch on our wrist which has been counting our steps whether we track it or not. Take a look at the Health app and see what your daily average is...


An easy way to increase your steps is to make a small and achievable goal. Increase your steps by 2000 per day. That is it. It is less than a mile! It is achievable and easy to add into a busy schedule. After 2 weeks simply increase it again by another 2000 steps.


These are the first steps to living your best healthy life by reducing obesity and helping to prevent heart disease. With these two small healthy habits you will be able to enjoy the upcoming holidays without additional stress.


Fall Roasted Vegetable Hash Recipe:


2 large Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cubed

12 oz. Brussel Sprouts, halved

1 medium yellow onion

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed

1 bag kale, stems removed


Oven to 400 degrees. Place on sheet pan and toss with drizzled olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, and a smidge of garlic powder as you desire. Roast 10 min, toss, and finish after approx. 10 more.

This recipe is great with some baked salmon for supper or eggs for breakfast! This is a great way to get fiber into your diet while making an easy fall home cooked meal. Enjoy.



9 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page